Level 1 – ATS® Dance Fundamentals: Tuesdays 8-9 PM
Level 2 – ATS® Tribal Combinations: Tuesdays 7-8 PM (new!)
- 2018 Session 5: Sep 11, Sep 18, Sep 25, Oct 2, Oct 9, Oct 16 – 6 week session
- 2018 Session 6: Oct 23, Oct 30, Nov 6, Nov 13, Nov 20, Nov 27 – 6 week session
Level One introduces the basic movements of ATS® through instruction and drills. Dancers then use this foundational vocabulary to dance with partners in duet, trio, and quartet formations. Zills (finger cymbals) are requested from week three on. Students may bring their own cymbals or may make arrangements to purchase them from the instructor. (Both metal and wooden zills are available for sale. Loaner zills are available at NEMA for a $1 donation to the studio per class.)
In Level Two ATS® Tribal Combinations, dancers expand on the foundational movements with new combos, layers, and formation variations. Put together, Levels One and Two are considered Classic ATS®. This syllabus is presented in 12 weeks total, so two sessions are needed to get a full introduction to Level 2. [Session 5 will cover weeks 1-6, Session 6 will cover weeks 7-12.] Zills (finger cymbals) are required. (Instructor approval needed for Level 2)
Class Tuition purchased from Cat Ellen
There are three different ways to purchase tuition for these classes.
- Session Dance card = $10 per class (6-week sessions $60, 7-week sessions $70) – BEST VALUE! Buy the whole session for only $10 per class, when you buy all six or seven classes together.
- Part-Time Dance card = $12 per class, for 5 classes over the span of 2 sessions ($60) – FLEXIBLE class scheduling! Buy 5 classes for any week during two sessions.
- One-class Drop-in = $15 per class
- For NEMA Members: All currently paid NEMA members receive $5 discount on any tuition card. Contact Cat for the Club NEMA Discount online tuition page.
- Dancers who enroll in BOTH Level One and Level Two get a discount on their Level One tuition card.
- Tuition can be purchased in advance (up to 5-minutes before class) by cash, check, PayPal, or Square (credit or debit). Tuition is good for any ATS class taught by Cat Ellen, at the NEMA studio or other locations.
About The Instructor: Cat Ellen
Cat Ellen is a FatChanceBellyDance® Sister Studio, an American Tribal Style® (ATS®) bellydance certified instructor. Cat earned her General Skills certifications in April 2013 and her Teacher Training in October 2014. She is a fully recognized FatChanceBellyDance® Sister Studio and ATS® Certified Instructor, and has been SSCE Re-Certified in August 2018. She’s been studying ATS® since 2010 and teaching since 2013.
Cat’s primary goal is to bring a fun and personally fulfilling bellydance experience to as many people as possible, both fellow dancers and audience members. As a group, improvisational dance form, ATS® can be the most elaborate game of follow-the-leader you have ever experienced. But beyond the dance vocabulary of movement, formations, cues, and flow, Cat hopes to empower dancers to embrace movement without shame, fitness for all sizes, and the joy and beauty in the community we build in which it’s our job is to make everyone look good.
- Cat’s Website: http://cayswanndance.com/ – Look here for Calendar & What to Wear
- Cat’s Qualifications: http://cayswanndance.com/qualifications/
- Cat’s Gallery: http://cayswanndance.com/gallery/